|Phone||031 260 3655|
|Office Address||UH 114 -Main Tutorial Building|
- JSED. FDE(Technical), B.Com., M.Tech.
Profile (Experience, Accomplishments, Awards, etc.):
- Currently, part of the School of Education in the Science and Technology Education cluster and a lecturer at the B.Ed, Honours and Masters level in Technology Education at UKZN.
- Supervision of students to Masters level of study.
- Extensive experience in education and has been in the service of education for the past 30 years as a teacher, master teacher, lecturer, subject advisor, curriculum developer and researcher.
- External Examiner for WITS, DUT, NWU and UZ -Technology and Design.
- Attended and organised local and International Conferences on Technology Education and is currently a member of IOSTE, SAASTE and SAARMSTE.
- Conducted various Workshops with provincial advisors on the National Curriculum on behalf of DBE at both the FET and GET levels and was leader in the training of teachers on the new curriculum.
- Awarded the scholarship to attend the Summer Education Transformation Institute (SETI) programme in the USA where research was conducted on HiV and AIDS, Entrepreneurship and Civic Education.
- Developed curriculum materials for English second language learners for use in South African classrooms.
- Training of GET/FET Technology subject advisors on backward design of curriculum materials for learners and educators.
- Written extensively in the’ Daily News’, a regional newspaper assisting learners with the FET curriculum.
- Sourcing funding from the private sector (Engen Refinery) for in-service training of technology teachers via Technology for All.
- UMALUSI moderator for Engineering Graphics & Design and Mechanical Technology.
- Spacial Perception of University students enrolled for the Technology modules in Education
- In-service training of teachers in Technology Education at both the GET and FET levels – in particular Engineering Graphics & Design.
- Semiotic Resources for Technology Education
- Design in Technology Education
- Curriculum development in Technology Education.
- Engineering Graphics & Design
- Mechanics- specifically hydraulics and pneumatics,
- Technology education
- Supervised and graduated students up to the masters level in Education.
- Currently supervising students at masters level
- Teacher upliftment workshops
- In-service training.
Complete Research Record:
- Currently pursuing a PhD in Education