|Office Address||Office F512 Level 1, Wing 5|
- B.A + CDE; B.A(Hons); B.Ed; M.Ed; PhD
Profile (Experience, Accomplishments, Awards, etc.):
Teaching/ lecturing experience
|St. Marks High school (Swaziland)||2|
|Vukuzakhe High school (Umlazi)||2|
|Uthongathi New Era Trust School (Tongaat)||6|
|Edgewood College of Education||9|
|University of Natal||3|
|University of KwaZulu-Natal||14|
- Graduated with PhD, April2016
- Certificate of excellence (2011)
- language and gender, critical literacy, youth, health, sexuality, HIV and AIDS in education, cultural identity and media and mother-tongue based bilingualism and multilingualism.
- language and gender, critical literacy, literature, linguistics, media.
- 3 Masters
- 1 PhD
- Involved with KIDZAID Trust, raising funds to donate to organisations working with AIDS orphans and vulnerable children and their care-givers.
Publications/Selected Publications (2013 – 2015):
- Ngcobo, N (2015) The use of film as an intervention in addressing gender violence: Experiences in a South African secondary school. Agenda, 29 (3), pp. 32-41.
- Ngcobo,N, Nkosi, Z, Buthelezi,T & Ntuli, S (2014) The Use of a Situational Approach in Teaching isiZulu Language to Non-mother tongue Speakers. Alternation Special Edition 13, pp 273-291
- Hlongwa, T, Ngcobo, N, Mhlongo,B & Ntuli, S (2014) IsiZulu as Conduit for Accessing Education: Students becoming Partners in Knowledge Discovery. Alternation Special Edition 13, pp. 155-172.
- Nkosi, Z; Ntuli, S and Ngcobo, N (2014) Lecturers’ Experiences in Supervising Research in the Medium of IsiZulu and their Language Preferences in Disseminating Research. Alternation Special Edition 12, pp. 49-76
- Ngcobo,N (2012) Yesterday as a study for tomorrow: on the use of film texts in addressing gender and HIV and AIDS with secondary school youth in KwaZulu-Natal in Educational Research for Social Change Vol. 1 (2) Nov 2012. Pp 71-83.
Complete Research Record:
- Collaborator in the Networks for Change and Wellbeing: Girl-led ‘from the ground up’ policy making to address sexual violence in Canada and South Africa research project (2014-2018).
- In 2002 I participated in a research project conducted by EPU(Natal) as a research team leader.
- The project was: Effect on ECAG’S Classroom Building Project on School Communities.
- Conducted research in SANPAD funded project (1999-2001) that explored Multiculturalism and Anti-Racism in Teacher Education.
- Participated in a research project that investigated how culture, indigenous knowledge and being schooled in the literate culture impact on the lifestyles and shape identities of South African individuals. The project leader was Prof. T. Magwaza who was the Head in the Department of Gender Studies (UKZN: Howard College).